EXCELLENCE IN CLINICAL PRACTICE AWARD
- Candidate will be a member, in good standing, of Sigma Theta Tau.
- Candidate demonstrates excellence in clinical practice by using critical thinking, teamwork, and collaboration skills with others, and outcome focused patient care.
- Candidate exhibits a professional image of nursing.
- Candidate expands the scope of practice for the benefit of clients.
- Candidate served as a mentor/preceptor for the benefit of clients.
- Candidate serves as a mentor/preceptor and inspires peers in the practice of nursing.
- Candidate uses current research and theory in practice.
- Nomination for the award will be by a member of Delta Chapter.
- Nominating letter to be submitted to the Research and Awards Committee Chairperson by March 1 deadline.
- Nominating letter should include the following background information:
Name of nominee
Area of clinical practice
Other honors, recognition received
Membership and participation in professional organizations
Past employment history
- Nominating letter will also include a statement documenting how the candidate has met the stated criteria for Excellence in Clinical Practice.
- Please include curriculum vitae or resume.
- Nomination will be endorsed by two (2) other support letters that attest to achievement of the criteria identified in the nominating letter. Support letters may be written by persons other than Sigma Theta Tau members.
The decision will be made by the Research and Awards Committee. The recipient of the award will receive a $100 monetary award at the spring chapter meeting.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATION IS MARCH 1.
Nomination materials include:
- Nominating letter
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of support
Mail nomination materials to:
David L. Martin, RN, MN
RN-BSN Program Director
Clinical Associate Professor
University of Kansas
School of Nursing
Mail Stop 4043
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66106-7502
Office: 2073 SON Building
Phone - (913)588-1672